Some models use additional webcam software to modify their video feed in some way, such as to add text overlays or other features. This page will describe the most common software packages.
Webcam Settings Utilities
- Logitech Capture
- Logitech Tune (more info) *works on Apple M1 computers
- Logitech G HUB *advanced users only
RTMP Broadcasting Software
RTMP is the most widely used protocol for streaming live video from the broadcaster to the server. External Broadcasters provide real-time video mixing tools, transitions, overlays, effects, audio tools, and more.
- You are able to seamlessly stream in Free Chat and Private/Group/Club shows on MyFreeCams using an RTMP External Broadcaster without having to stop broadcasting when switching between show types.
- This broadcasting method is recommended for models on WiFi or with a sub optimal Internet connection (e.g. when traveling).
- If you had good results with Flash, but not with WebRTC, this broadcasting option will be the optimal choice.
- A hard-wired Ethernet connection is recommended for the best results.
External Broadcasting Software
- OBS (more info)
- SplitCam (more info)
- XSplit (more info) [Windows only]
- Ecamm Live [Mac only]