- 1 M.MyFreeCams.com
- 2 Mobile Feeds
- 3 Adding an App Icon / Bookmarking
- 4 Instructions
- 5 Contact Support
To access the mobile site, go to http://m.myfreecams.com on your phone or tablet. It works particularly well on iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
- Flash based browsers
- Samsung mobile browser
- Internet Explorer Mobile
Models with a Mobile Feed
Models that select the "HD" video setting in their broadcasting software will have a live mobile feed on the mobile site.
When a model has a mobile feed available, the user watching the model will have a choice:
- Watch the live mobile feed with full streaming video and audio.
- Watch a fast image slideshow with the option to play audio separately in the background.
The user can change this setting by clicking a button above the chat room to switch to "Slide Show" or "Live Feed".
Models without a Mobile Feed
Models that are broadcasting in the older standard video setting (not "HD") will not have a mobile feed.
The feed will be a slow slideshow of images, refreshing once every 30 seconds or so, with no audio.
Unfortunately, due to current limitations within Apple iOS and Android, there is a 15-30 second delay/latency with the mobile live video streaming. Therefore, you will find that the mobile chat room is real time while the video is approximately 15-30 seconds delayed. As soon as the technology exists to minimize or eliminate this latency, we will implement it immediately.
- Chat: Real-time.
- Mobile Live Feed: 13-30 second delay behind chat.
- Slideshow with HD feed: 2-5 second delay behind chat.
- Audio from Slideshow: 10-15 second delay behind chat.
Adding an App Icon / Bookmarking
For more details, please see the MyFreeCams Mobile App Wiki page.
iPhone / iPad
- Open Safari on your iPhone and navigate to: http://m.myfreecams.com
- Tap on the "Share" icon at the bottom. This looks like a square with an arrow pointing upwards.
- Select the "Add to Home Screen" icon.
- Open Google Chrome and navigate to: http://m.myfreecams.com
- Tap on the "Options" icon. It may look like three vertical dots at the top.
- Click "Add to Home Screen".
General navigation tips:
- Whenever you see an icon with three horizontal lines, that indicates a Menu. Click it to see more Options and Settings for that window or user.
- An icon that looks like an "X" in the top-right corner of any window will close that window.
- When scrolled down in the Model List or Rooms/PMs tab, tapping the header will scroll you back to the Top. Tapping it again will take you to Models.
To access the main menu, click the icon in the top-right corner that looks like three white horizontal lines. This menu provides links to most of the features.
In the top-left corner, click the Friends icon to access your list of Friends that are currently online, both models and members.
Click the Search icon in the top-left corner to search Model Usernames, Topics, and Model Tags.
To the left of the Models tab at the top, click the icon that looks like three grey horizontal lines to access the Model List Options. Here you can choose how to order and filter your model list.
For example, you can make it so that only Models with Mobile Feeds show up.
The Models tab will display all of the models currently online, or whatever preferences you set in your Model List Options.
Models that have a Mobile Feed will have that indicated on their avatar.
Tapping the Models Tab when already on the Models Tab will manually refresh the model list.
When you enter a model's Chat Room, it will be displayed in the Rooms Tab. You may scroll up and down on the Rooms tab to see any open Chat Rooms.
When viewing the text box of a Chat Room: keep in mind the following:
- The most recent chat entry is at the top, unlike the desktop site where new chat entries appear at the bottom.
- At the bottom of the text box, clicking the horizontal line icon will Hide the chat, and clicking the arrow icon will Expand/Contract the chat box.
Click the top-left Menu icon of the three grey horizontal lines to access the Model Menu. Here you can adjust your settings for the current chat session.
Click the Topic to see an expanded version. Click the "number of people" to the right of the Topic to see a list of people in the room.
Keep in mind you can use Chat Commands on the mobile site to make certain activities easier such as tipping.
Opening Multiple Chat Rooms
If you have a Chat Room open and you click on another Model, it will replace the first chat room with the new one.
If you would like to open the new chat room as a 2nd chat room in addition to the first one, click the menu (three horizontal lines) on the model's avatar, and click on the icon on the right of Open Chat Room that will open it as an additional chat room.
There is no limit to how many chat rooms or PMs you can have open.
The PMs Tab is where you can see all of your active Private Messages.
By default, video is not shown in Private Message windows but you can show it by clicking "Un-Hide: Video" at the top.
Other features such as Miss MyFreeCams rankings, Most Popular Rooms, Recently Visited Rooms, etc, get shown in the "More" tab.
Click the top-right Menu icon to access these features.
If you have any problems or questions or suggestions, please Contact Support.