Fixing Sound Problems
All models should have their sound turned on and properly working at all times. This page should help narrow down and fix any problems a model may be experiencing with her sound.
- Restart the computer and try again.
- If you use a USB cam, unplug the USB cam, restart your computer, and then plug it back into a different USB port.
- Confirm that the webcam/microphone is connected and turned on and not muted. (All webcams have microphones built-in)
- Make sure that the microphone volume setting is high enough, and that your microphone is not muted.
- Check the microphone volume setting within Windows/macOS.
- Check the microphone volume setting within your webcam software (if any).
- Check the microphone volume setting within your split-camming software (if any).
- If you are any using other webcam software (like split-camming software), please close it, restart your computer, and try these steps without using any software that opens your webcam.
- If the previous steps have not helped, then re-install the software drivers that came with your webcam or microphone (Windows). The default software that comes with the webcam should have a way of testing microphone audio.
Tip Sound Issues
If you are a Model using the Safari browser and the Tip Sound no longer plays, please use this fix: https://twitter.com/MyFreeCams/status/911778550155427840