Fixing Sound Problems
All models should have their sound turned on and properly working at all times. This page should help narrow down and fix any problems a model may be experiencing with her sound.
- Restart the computer and try again. Simply turning off the computer and then turning it back on may help.
- If you use a USB cam, please unplug the USB cam, restart your computer, and then plug it back into a different USB port.
- Confirm that the webcam or microphone are connected and turned on and not muted. (All modern webcams have microphones built-in.)
- Make sure that the microphone volume setting is high enough, and that your microphone is not muted.
- Check the microphone volume setting within Windows.
- Check the microphone volume setting within Flash (click Flash Settings in the MyFreeCams Model Software).
- Check the microphone volume setting within your webcam software (if any).
- Check the microphone volume setting within your split-camming software (if any).
- Make sure that Flash recognizes the correct microphone source.
- Click Flash Settings in the MyFreeCams Model Software
- Click the microphone icon tab.
- Select each different microphone device until it works.
- If you are any using other webcam software (like split-camming software), please close it, restart your computer, and try these steps without opening any software besides the official MyFreeCams Model Software.
- If the previous steps have not helped, then re-install the software drivers that came with your webcam or microphone. The default software that comes with the webcam should have a way of testing microphone audio.